A professional looking header in a document can make a world of difference. It takes almost no time to do and can provide your reader with a professional and obvious area to find your information. Because it requires little to no effort, it is a very useful and efficient way to add professionalism.
Things You'll Need
- A computer
- Microsoft Word
- A document that needs to be professional
Open up a word document by going to the File tab on the toolbar and selecting new.
Once a new document is opened, go the View tab on the toolbar. It is third from the left.
Pull your icon down to the Header/Footer selection and selct that.
Inside the text box (the header), write what you want. Example: Erin Denver, Address, Email, Phone Number. You can move it to the right or the left of the page by pressing Control R or Control L. If you want it in the center, press Control E.
Press Close. You are set!
Tips & Warnings
- If this is for business related information, you should include your name, address, phone number and email account.
- How to Create Your Own Letterhead
- How to Make a Letter Head
How to Write a Heading for a Cover Letter
When you are submitting an application, a professional cover letter and resume may make the difference in whether you get the job,...
- How to Head a Professional Letter
- How to Remove a Page Header in Acrobat