Are you tired of wearing a jacked up Army beret around while everyone else has that perfectly molded beret tightly fitted to their head? This article will bring you up to speed and teach you how to shape your Army beret and wear it with pride.
Things You'll Need
- Black or Maroon Army beret.
- Disposable Razor
- Ball or melon or any other round object (about the size of your head)
Take your beret and begin to shave it with a disposable razor. This can take a long time if it's a new beret. Usually a couple of hours. Find a program on t. v. and have at it. After you have removed the fuzz from the inside and outside of the beret move on to step 2.
Cut out most of the cardboard behind the flash (insignia). Leave the cardboard up to where the square stitching begins. When you look at the inside of your beret you should see only a small square or rectangular shape around where your insignia cardboard is located.
Put on your beret and tie the strings tightly to fit the beret around your head. You should use a double knot to prevent the knot from slipping. You do not have to cut the excess string off yet until the entire process is complete incase it might need to be adjusted.
Tips & Warnings
- You can never shave your beret enough, unless you are seeing holes appear of course...
- Don't cut off the strings till the very end because you might need to readjust it after all the pulling and tugging on your beret.
- Photo Credit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/