Looking to burn over 1000 calories in an hour on your elliptical? This program has worked for me and is part of an exercise regimen that has helped me lose over 60 pounds this year.
Things You'll Need
- Elliptical machine
- 1 hour of time
- Moderate physical condition
- I use a Nordictrack elliptical that has inclines from five incline levels from 10% to 30% and resistance levels from one to fifteen. I try to maintain an rpm in the upper 60's to 70.
- Do a warm-up first. I usually do 5 minutes on a stationary bike.
- Start on resistance level of 2. Raise the incline every two minutes until you get to the 30% incline.
- After you've done the 30% incline for two minutes, increase resistance to four. Now you begin the downhill portion.
- Every two minutes, increase the resistance by one and decrease the incline by one until you get to the 10% incline.
- After you've done the 10% incline for two minutes, decrease resistance to three and follow the pattern in steps three through five.