A submerged centerpiece is a clear vase with flowers or other items submerged in water. Whether it’s for a wedding, a dinner party, a bridal shower or simply for your own kitchen table, a submerged centerpiece is gorgeous! There are so many options on items to submerge and looks to create. The submerged look will save money compared to a traditional, fuller floral arrangement.
Here are a few tips to keep the flowers from floating to the top:
- Use floating candles on the top to keep them down.
- Tie the stems together to increase the weight.
- If the flower is large enough to stick to the side of the vase, it might keep in place.
- Add a few drops of oil to the top.
- Put the stems under stones at the bottom.
- Use clear packing tape at the bottom of the vase.
- Tie fishing line to the stem and place it under stones at the bottom of the vase.