Milbemax is a monthly multiwormer for cats, kittens, dogs and puppies. It treats heartworm, hookworm, roundworm and tapeworm in a single dose. According to the manufacturer Novartis, Milbemax is safe for animals that weigh 0.5 kg and up. (see Reference 2)
Things You'll Need
- One of the following:
- Millbemax for dogs (blue box)
- Milbemax for small dogs and puppies (light-blue box)
- Milbemax for cats (red box)
- Milbemax for kittens (pink box)
Purchase Milbemax from a licensed veterinarian or pharmacy. Milbemax is only available by prescription. (see Reference 1)
Weigh your pet. If you are weighing in pounds, you'll need to convert to kilograms. One pound equals 0.45359237 kilograms. See resources below for a free online calculator.
Open the package and remove the tablets from the blister packs. According to Novartis, you'll need the following amounts: (see Reference 1)
For a small dog or puppy (light blue pack):
0.5 to 1 kg =½ tablet
between 1 and 5 kg = 1 tablet
between 5 and 10 kg = 2 tablets
For dogs (blue pack):
5 to 25 kg = 1 tablet
25 and 50 kg = 2 tablets
Between 50 and 75 kg = 3 tablets
For small cats and kittens (pink pack):
0.5 to 1 kg = ½ tablet
Between 1 and 2 kg = 1 tablet
For cats (red pack):
Between 2 and 4 kg = ½ tablet
Between 4 and 8 kg = 1 tablet
Between 8 and 12 kg = 1½ tablets
Give your pet the worming medication with food (try inside a slice of cheese for a dog or mixed into soft food for a cat) or shortly after your pet has eaten. Never give this medicine on an empty stomach.
Tips & Warnings
- According to Novartis, Milbemax is only available outside of the U.S.
- Novartis reports that the ingredients in Milbemax are less safe to use with collies and related breeds than in other breeds of dog. Adhere strictly to recommended dosage for these breeds. The safety in puppies from collies and related breeds has not been studied.
- Photo Credit U.S. Government image @ Wikimedia Commons
How to Lose 5Kg Fast
Use meal replacements. Drinking a liquid meal replacement shake, such as SlimFast, in place of a regular meal has been proven to...