Consolidation in the cruise industry allows you to have investment exposure to quite a few cruise lines by purchasing just a couple of stocks. Cruise lines are in the general entertainment industry and compete for customers such as Disney and the Las Vegas resorts.
Determine how much you want to invest in cruise ship stocks. For example, the U.S. stock symbol for Carnival Corporation is CCL, and the symbol for Royal Caribbean Cruises is RCL.
Look up the current share prices for CCL and RCL.
Determine how many shares of each stock you want to buy. Divide the dollar amount of the investment by the current share price.
Call your stockbroker or use an online brokerage account to purchase the amount of shares you have calculated.
Monitor the financial results for Royal Caribbean Cruises and Carnival Corp. by reading their earnings press releases and listening to the quarterly conference calls.
Tips & Warnings
- Royal Caribbean Cruises owns Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisieres de France and Azamara Cruises as well as the Royal Caribbean line.
- Carnival Corp. owns Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn Cruise Line, P&O Cruises, Cunard Line, Ocean Village cruises, AIDA cruises, Costa Cruises and Iberocruceros.
- It is very important to do your own research into the financial condition and prospects of any company before investing in the common stock.
- Carnival Corp. stock also trades on the London Stock Exchange with the same symbol. Make sure you get the right price quote.
- What Companies Can You Buy Stock Directly From?
How to Buy Royal Caribbean Stock
One reason to single out Royal Caribbean for a stock investment is the company's cash benefits policy for shareholders who take cruises....
How to Buy CCL Stock
CCL is the stock symbol for Carnival Corporation, which is a vacation and cruise company. It is most widely known for its...
How to Invest in Caribbean Real Estate
Buying into real estate in the Caribbean is either a lifestyle or rental return decision, perhaps both. The near perfect climate, tropical...
How to Get Free Stuff on a Carnival Cruise
Carnival Cruise Line is one of the most affordable cruise companies, emphasizing fun at sea on its 22 "Fun Ships." Accommodations, most...
List of Travel Stocks
Sectors of the stock market in the United States are broken down by companies that specialize in certain industries such as financials,...
Kids With Cash: 10 Highly Paid Celebs Under 20
Most celebrities earn more in a year or two than the rest of us could even imagine making in a lifetime. For...