How to Get Parole Information on a Former Inmate


Whether a victim of a violent crime, the long lost cousin of a prison inmate or a creditor, there are a number of ways to find out parole information on a former inmate. In some cases, expected parole date information is available for current inmates. It is important to remember that each county and state has its own set of rules and search procedures.

  • Begin by determining whether the individual is still incarcerated by using an online locator service (for state and federal inmates), or by contacting the state's corrections department. You cannot determine parole information before verifying that the person is on parole. Most online searches use the individual's last name or inmate number. If the person does show up in the search, this will indicate that he is still incarcerated.

  • Contact the prison where the individual is incarcerated to determine expected parole date. If you are a victim of a crime committed by this individual, most states send notification of upcoming parole hearings and keep you informed of the process. If this isn't the case, you have to request the information. Date of parole and the geographical location of the parole office (county and state) might be available by phone or given after the completion of a written request (it depends on the prison). Either way, the last known address (i.e., the prison) is the first place to contact.

  • Search the online state parole board websites to find information on a paroled individual. Depending on the state, these sites offer detailed information including reason for original conviction, the most recent photograph and address of the individual and in some cases, the name of the parole officer.

  • Phone the county probation office of the paroled inmate to find out the name of his parole officer. Once you have this information and feel a need to speak to the parole officer, you can make an appointment. The amount of information one can get from speaking with the parole officer will depend on the nature of the relationship with the parolee.

  • Determine whether an individual has violated their parole in a given county by contacting the local sheriff's department to see whether a warrant for probation violation has been issued. If possible, consider calling the local bail bondsmen to find out details of the warrant case.


Promoted By Zergnet



You May Also Like

Related Searches

Read Article

10 Most Needed Jobs in the Future

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!