How to Fill Out Application Form DS-11 for a Passport

Fill Out Application Form DS-11 for a Passport
Fill Out Application Form DS-11 for a Passport (Image:

Before you can travel outside of the country, you must have a passport. To obtain a passport, you must fill out application form D-11 at least two months before you plan to leave. The application will ask you to supply your travel plans; this is standard for every first-time registrant.

Things You'll Need

  • Divorce documents, if applicable
  • Certified birth certificate
  • Driver's license with photo
  • Two color photographs

Enter your personal information, which includes your first, middle and last name, date of birth, Social Security Number, gender, place of birth, mailing address and phone number. If you have ever used another name, you must give that name on line 9-1 and 9-2.

Fill in the information about your parents. The first section is for your father. Fill in his first, middle and last name, date of birth and place of birth. Fill in the information for your mother, giving her maiden name and not her married name.

Go to page two and enter your name and date of birth at the top of the page. Fill in the information requested for your personal characteristics, occupation and employer. Enter your permanent address and an emergency contact name.

Enter the date of your travel plans, the length of the trip and where you are traveling. If you were ever married, you must give your most recent spouse's name, place of birth, date of marriage and date of divorce or if you were widowed.

Take the completed application with your birth certificate, divorce documents, two color photos and the payment to the clerk of courts of your town to have the application processed. At this time, you will be asked to sign the document and provide your paperwork.

Wait for your passport to arrive in the USPS mail within six weeks. However, it could take longer for a passport to arrive if the government finds any errors or if you have some issues that must be cleared up first, such as back child support. You must pay up any balances on child support before you can receive a passport.

Related Searches

Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

How to Travel For Free With Reward Points

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!