If you're tired of having plain old coffee every morning, transforming that cup of joe into an iced mocha frappe is one way to spruce up your day. Although the beverages may seem like fancy creations that you'll only be able to get at your local coffee shop, they're actually fairly simple to make with tools that should already be in your kitchen. It may take a few extra minutes, but you can quickly and easily whip up a frosty frappe that's ready to accompany you to work.
Things You'll Need
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 5 tsp. chocolate syrup
Combine all the ingredients -- coffee, milk, sugar, syrup and ice -- in a blender.
Blend until you have a smooth brown color with no large pieces of ice.
Pour into a glass and serve.
Tips & Warnings
- I have found that it is VERY!! easy to double this recipe and easily make more than you need. A few times I have left the "extra" in the freezer for a bit and it becomes a great treat later.
- A nice addition to this recipe is a bit of fruit. I have added bananas and raspberries before.
- Make sure that the top of your blender is secure, you don't want coffee flying everywhere!
- Photo Credit Thomas Northcut/Photodisc/Getty Images
How to make Starbucks Cafe Mocha's at home
Ever wondered how to make that Starbucks Espresso at home, well here you go.
How to Make an Iced Mocha
Iced mocha is a great drink but the cost can really add up if you're buying from a coffee house. If you...
How to: Frappe in a Blender
You can make a frappe right in a blender so long as you follow the right steps. Make a frappe in a...
How to Make Chai Mocha
You can make a nice chai mocha right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Learn how to make a chai mocha...
How to Make a White Chocolate Blended Mocha
Making a white chocolate blended mocha should not be the most difficult thing you attempt to do in a day. Find out...