Chicken and mushroom casserole is a hearty dish perfect for feeding a hungry family. Luckily, it's also relatively easy to make using ingredients you likely already have on hand.
Things You'll Need
- 1-2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 package egg noodles, 6 oz.
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 oz.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
Place chicken pieces on a flat metal baking sheet. Pour olive oil over chicken and season with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bake the chicken in a pre-heated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside. Cut the chicken into chunks and mix with the noodles.
In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, sour cream, celery, onion and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Pour mixture over the noodles and chicken; stir gently to combine.
Place casserole in a 2-qt. baking dish; top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Tips & Warnings
- Add some crunch to the casserole with a cracker-crumb topping. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup crumbled buttery crackers. Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the casserole and bake as directed.
- Photo Credit Goodshoot/Goodshoot/Getty Images
How to Make a Curry Chicken Casserole Recipe
A chicken curry casserole includes both chicken and rice in a one-pot entree; add the vegetables of your choice and cook for...
Crockpot Chicken Casserole Recipe
Slow cookers became popular when women began returning to the workforce. They are used as a way to cook a whole meal...
How to Make Chicken Alfredo using Cream of Mushroom Soup
Chicken Alfredo is known for three main ingredients: chicken, cheese and pasta. One way to make your chicken Alfredo more tasty is...
- How to Make Chicken Casserole With Ritz Cracker Topping
- How to Bake An Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
How to Make Baked Chicken and Stuffing
Chicken provides a healthier option than red meats such as lamb or beef. It is naturally low in saturated fats and relatively...
Baked Chicken & Rice With Mushroom Soup
Combine chicken with white rice and mushroom soup to make a filling casserole that requires only 10 minutes of preparation time. The...
- Rotel Chicken Casserole Recipe
Spicy, Juicy, Gooey Southwest Chicken Casserole Recipe
This easy, cheesy chicken casserole is loaded with southwest flavors. Ready in just 45 minutes! The leftovers are even more delicious the...