If you are in College or even looking at purchasing a text book, these are some great hints and tips on how to save a lot of money!
Things You'll Need
- pencil/paper or
Get the ISBN Book number. When you find out what book you need, look at the back of it. On the little bar code you will see an ISBN number. Write this down or print it off.
Get on the computer and type the ISBN number in a search engine or on a business website such as Amazon or eBay.
Compare your prices. College text books that cost around $150 can be purchased for $10-$50. After you use it, you can sell it for a profit.
Look on your Colleges community board. Many students will sell used books for cheaper than the bookstore.
This is the CHEAPEST OPTION! Many Colleges will have copies of textbooks in the Library. You can sometimes check them out and continue using them or study and photo copy in the Library.
Tips & Warnings
- Find out what books you need before other students, this will get you first copies
- Make friends in class and share their book
- contact your instructor to find out if the text is necessary, some don't require it
- There are NO WARNINGS! Just GREAT SAVINGS!
- Photo Credit http://www.mclibrary.duke.edu/about/news/books1.gif
How to Get Free College Textbooks
The cost of college textbooks can be surprising and frustrating to a student already burdened with high tuition costs and assorted college...