Coffee is a widely-consumed beverage that stains almost any fabric it comes into contact with--other than denim. It's very difficult to remove any kind of stain from wool's natural fibers. There are many ways to remove stains from fabric, but many of these methods will not work on wool, due to the fabric's makeup.
Things You'll Need
- Seltzer water or Sprite Sponge Hydrogen peroxide Toothbrush Lava hand soap
Turn the item inside out and apply the seltzer water or Sprite directly onto to the coffee stain. If you do not have any clear sodas, use hydrogen peroxide. If the stain is fresh, this should completely rinse out the stain. If the stain is old, and has been washed already, complete the remaining steps.
Wet a toothbrush with water and rub it briskly on lava soap to get suds.
Turn the garment inside out, rub the toothbrush directly onto the stain and allow it to sit for three minutes. Rinse well under cold tap water to remove the soap.
Pour Sprite or seltzer water over the stain and rub the sides of the stain against each other so that no other areas come into contact with the coffee. Rinse it out with cold water, then launder accordingly.
Tips & Warnings
- Use a box, or solid surface item of any kind, to help scrub out the stain with a toothbrush. Turn the garment inside out and place the box or solid surface inside the garment directly underneath the stain. Rub the soaped toothbrush on the stain on top of the surface. Most times, cold water will remove the stain on its own--otherwise, the hydrogen peroxide will fizz out any of the remaining stains. If your wool is dry-clean only, this method may cause shrinkage; try this method in an inconspicuous area before using on a large stain.
- How to Remove Coffee Stains From Teeth
How to Remove Coffee Stains From a Carafe
If you're trying to remove stubborn stains and leftover coffee smells from the inside of your glass or metal carafe, it's not...
- How to Clean Stains on a Wool Jacket
- How to Get Wrinkles Out of Wool
How to Remove Coffee Stains From White Lace
If you keep lace items around your home, it will inevitably happen sooner or later. A coffee mug will be set down...
How to Get Coffee Stains Out of Wool Carpet
Coffee that has spilled onto a wool carpet will likely leave a very noticeable stain. These stains take away from both the...