Whether it is for the Super Bowl, the Bowl Championship Series or a local game in your hometown, a football betting board adds some excitement to the experience. The board is easy to construct, and because this is game of chance, your friends don't even need to know the first thing about football to participate in betting. Point spreads and fantasy football statistics are not involved. A betting board is more like a lottery with the winning numbers determined by the score of the game.
Things You'll Need
- Poster board
Draw a square grid on the betting board that contains 100 boxes; 10 across and 10 down. Leave some space in the margins outside of the top and left side of the grid because you will need to write numbers there later. Make your boxes large enough for players to clearly write their names inside.
Fill up the boxes with participants. The game is one of chance and does not require any strategy or science, therefore the players should choose the boxes that feel are lucky for them. Fill up the entire board if possible; empty boxes mean there is a chance that there will be no winner. You can even turn the game into a fundraiser; sell a raffle ticket for each box, which can be turned in for a prize for the person who chooses the winning box.
Insert the numbers into the boxes. Write the numbers zero through nine on slips of paper and drop them into a hat. Pull out a slip and write that number above the box at the upper left-hand corner of the grid. Continue drawing and writing numbers until each column has a digit over top of it. Put the numbers back in the hat and follow the same process, this time writing the numbers along the left-hand side of the grid so that each row across has a number.
Determine your winner based on the numbers. The horizontal numbers are for team one and the vertical numbers are for team two, and thus these numbers declare the winner. For example, the final score of the game is 28 to 17. Find the column with the eight above it and then go down that column until you meet the box in the row that is marked by the seven. The person whose name appears in this box is your winner.
Tips & Warnings
- Determine the number of winners; up to four people may win. Announce a winner by checking the score at the end of each quarter. If the score doesn't change, some people are lucky enough to win more than once.
- Choose a diagonal pattern if you are selecting more than one box for yourself. This gives you more number combinations and more chances to win.
- Do not insert the numbers outside of the grid until all the boxes have been filled. Players are not allowed to choose their numbers. You don't want players gobbling up all the sevens.
- Confirm that cash prizes are legal in your area, if this is your chosen prize.
- Ask parents of minors to purchase boxes for them; all participants should be over 18 or 21, depending on the laws in your particular state.
How to Play Football Squares
Football fans love the excitement and competition of the sport and live for all of the spirited action each time their favorite...
How to Make Your Own Football Betting Card
While thousands watch football for fun, many like to spice it up by wagering with family and friends. But it's important to...
How to Make an NFL Parlay Card
Parlay betting is a form of sports betting in which a single bet is placed on multiple teams, often with each team...
- How to Decorate a Football Poster Board
How to Make Kentucky Derby Party Betting Displays
Hosting a Kentucky Derby party is a great way to engage family and friends for a day of fun. Keeping with Derby...