Cell phone contracts are getting more and more expensive, and that means that consumers are looking for alternatives to being locked into the standard long-term contract. One option is the i-wireless phone offered by Kroger grocery stores. And now, Kroger has provided a way for you to earn free cell phone minutes just for grocery shopping.
Things You'll Need
- Kroger Plus shopper's card
Purchase an i-wireless phone to be eligible for this program. Free cell phone minutes cannot be transferred to other cell phone providers. You can purchase i-wireless phones at any Kroger grocery store, or online at iwirelesshome.com.
Go to iwirelesshome.com and create an online user account once you get your phone. This will allow you to see information about your phone usage and how much you have accumulated toward your free phone minutes.
Call 611 from your i-wireless phone to register for the free phone rewards program. You will be asked to enter your shopper's card number located on the back of your shopper's card.
Spend $100 at any of the participating Kroger grocery stores and 20 free minutes will automatically be added to your phone plan. You will receive a text message when you have reached your $100 threshold notifying you of your free minutes. There is no time limit to meeting the $100 threshold, so anytime you meet it, you will receive the free minutes.
Tips & Warnings
- This offer is available at any participating Kroger Family grocery store.
- Gasoline purchases are not included in the $100 purchase minimum. Other exclusions include alcohol, tobacco and gift card purchases.
- To keep track of how much you have spent toward your reward goal, log in to your online i-wireless account. If you shop at Kroger, you can also look at the bottom of your Kroger bill to see your accumulation toward the gas reward. The dollar amount is the same as for the phone reward program.
- You can use both the gasoline discount and free phone rewards for the same $100. You do not have to choose one program over the other.
- As of September 2011, this program is not available through Food4Less grocery stores.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images
How to Get Minutes for Free on Prepaid Phones
With many of us eliminating our home land lines and using our cell phones exclusively, we often run through our monthly minutes...
How to Get Kroger and Shell Gasoline Rewards
Kroger Grocery Stores and Shell Gasoline stations across the country have started their own reward program. It is easy and free to...
How Can I Check My Balance on a Kroger Wireless Phone?
Checking the balance on your Kroger prepaid device will ensure that you always have funds available to make all the calls you...