Get your head into a sweet and simple mindset by planning to entertain simply for summer. You can do it often by relying on a few refreshing staple recipes. Here's one to start with: a delicious, citrusy hard lemonade cocktail.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Small saucepan
- 4 oz. Citron vodka
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Large pitcher
- Fresh mint and fresh fruits
- 1 lemon sliced into rings
- 1 lime sliced into rings
- Mini mason jars with daisy metal lids
- Yellow and green straws
- Daisy plants or cut daisies
Bring water and sugar to a simmer in the saucepan. Cook until the sugar dissolves (this is the basic recipe for simple syrup). Remove from heat and let it cool.
Fill the pitcher with the dissolved sugar, vodka and lemon juice.
Pour lemon, vodka and sugar mixture into the mini mason jars filled with ice, then garnish with lemon rings, screw on the lids and add the yellow straws. Makes 5 delightful servings.
For the kids, omit the alcohol and garnish with lime rings and green straws to indentify their version.
Turn the individual cocktails into a lemonade buffet by prepping ingredients for guests to customize their own drinks with fresh mint, strawberries, raspberries and kiwi fruit. Just print out the instructions so the guests know what you have in mind without you having to play bartender.
Tips & Warnings
- If you're invited to a summer party and don't know what to bring, this is a sweet idea! Bring the hard lemonade mixture (minus the ice) in a clear glass bottle along with a potted daisy plant or a bouquet of cut daisies (cut from your own garden or a friend's garden). Tie the recipe and serving instruction to the neck of the bottle with twine and yellow or green ribbon.
- This is perfect for a wedding reception or shower. Keep the jars to use for entertaining--and loan them to friends to use for their evetns as well. That's how you make the happy times!
How to Make a Low-Calorie Lemonade Rum Drink
Many adults enjoy relaxing with a cocktail and are also conscientious of their weight. Some alcoholic cocktails contain hundreds of calories from...