Olive Garden's salad is a popular choice at the restaurant, either as part of a meal or simply eaten with breadsticks. While you might not be able to make an exact copy of the salad, you certainly can come close.
Things You'll Need
- Head of lettuce or bag of prewashed and cut lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- Can of large, pitted black olives
- Jar of pepperoncini
- Bag of large croutons
- Bottle of Italian dressing
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Wash the lettuce, drain it and place it in a large bowl.
Drain and rinse the can of black olives and add to the lettuce.
Add five to 10 pepperoncini to the bowl.
Add 2 ounces of grated Parmesan -- from your dairy case, not the dry type -- to the salad.
Slice the tomatoes thinly and add to the salad.
Pour a quarter bottle of Italian dressing onto the mixture and toss everything, making sure the bottom pieces are coated.
Add the croutons, another ounce of Parmesan cheese and another quarter of the dressing. Give a final toss and serve.
Tips & Warnings
- If planning to serve this salad a second day, use only a quarter of the dressing and allow people to add more. This will keep the salad from getting soggy overnight. The next day, simply add the other quarter and some fresh croutons and cheese for a robust flavor.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Make a Garden Salad
A garden salad is a fresh alternative to fast food. It is a great tasting way to start eating a healthier diet....
How to Make Olive Garden Bread Sticks
If you love the bountiful baskets of bread sticks at your neighborhood Olive Garden restaurant, you can make your own delicious Olive...
How to Make Olive Oil Dressing
This article will show you how to make two quick and easy olive oil based salad dressings.
How to Make Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi
Another Olive Garden favorite!
Olive Garden Recipe for Chicken Marsala
The authentic Olive Garden chicken marsala recipe is available at last for one and all. An easy quick meal.
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing
Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant chain with more than 750 restaurants across the globe. While the restaurants are known for offering...
How to Use Olive Oil for Salad Dressing
Whether your are serving it as the main course or as a side dish complementing a full meal, a salad is a...