Here's the recipe for Diet Coke Chicken...tasted like an amazing barbecue chicken only without the calories. Only 4 weight watchers points per chicken breast. Easy recipe. My family loves this recipe, and we have it all the time. Definitely a house favorite. Even our little ones like this one.
Things You'll Need
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup ketchup
- 12 oz. diet coke
- your appetite
- any side dish
Cut chicken to desired size. I like to make mine like chicken strips. You can leave as whole breasts and even use for a sandwhich. Place in a nice sized skillet.
Mix 1 cup ketchup with 12 ounces of diet coke. Mix well.
Pour mixture over your chicken and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 45 minutes.
For the last 10 minutes or so, remove the lid and thicken the sauce. Tastes like an amazing barbecue sauce, but without the calories.
This recipe is so easy that I didn't have enough words in my Ehow to be published, so I thought I would write a meaningless paragraph here. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know how you like it.
Tips & Warnings
- I like to serve mine with white rice...boil in the bag.
- I also usually serve a nice steamed veggie with this recipe...my favorite is peas.
- Use the extra Diet Coke as your beverage for the meal
- Figure one breast per person. If you're cooking for 4, use 4 breats.
- Soak your skillet right away, cause it's hard to clean once it dries and sets.
- Make sure you use Coke brand diet coke...don't settle for generic.
Fish & Chicken Diet
Carbohydrates, protein and fats are all important nutrients that should be included in a healthy diet. Fish and chicken are preferred proteins...
How to Make Diet Coke Cake or Cupcakes
The famous Diet Coke cake is a well-loved recipe for dieters. Almost any diet soda will work. Lemon lime or cream sodas...