Tired of the old bland and boring chicken recipes night after night? Why not do something different next time by trying this delicious Greek lemon chicken recipe. This makes a great meal for entertaining- so invite your friends to dinner.
Things You'll Need
- 1 Whole Chicken - Quartered
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves - diced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (Dry)
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Seasoning salt (optional)
- 2 Baking pans
Marinade Recipe for Greek Lemon Chicken
Recipe for Lemon Chicken Marinade: In large bowl place your water, oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic (cloves and powder)and blend together. Add your seasoning salt and pepper if needed or desired.
Next you need to add your chicken to the marinade (a large sealable bag works great for marinading food).
Place your marinade in the refrigerator and allow to sit and marinate for at least 60 minutes.
Then remove pieces from the lemon chicken marinade and place it in a baking pan and cover it with aluminum foil and place in a 450*F oven for 45 min.
Take your chicken out of oven and increase the temperature to 550*F.
Lastly: Move the chicken pieces from the original baking pan (leaving behind any accrued marinade) and place in a clean sauce free pan and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the skin becomes a crisp golden brown.
READY TO EAT! - - - Now your ready to enjoy this tasty Greek lemon chicken recipe.
Tips & Warnings
- If you want to make this baked chicken recipe in advance you can bake it in the marinade for 45 minutes then cool and put away until ready to complete.
- You can modify the marinade ingredients to change the flavor up for a whole new dinner idea.
- This main dish recipe would go great with a Greek inspired salad or a white sauce pasta. Like they say "Chicken, It's What's for Dinner!"
- Be careful not to leave in too long as it can become too salty.
- Photo Credit sxc.hu/shomedia
How to Make Greek Lemon Soup
Greek lemon soup is typically served as an appetizer before the main course of a Greek meal. The soup, also called avgolemono...
How to Make Gyro Bread
Most flatbreads -- pizza, chapati, the pita used for gyros -- follow the same lean-dough recipe, or 5 parts flour to 3...
Chunky Cranberry and Orange Relish
Louisa lets you into one of her family’s holiday traditions – easy-to-make raw cranberry relish. For a fresh alternative to canned cranberry,...
Baked Lemon Butter Chicken Breast Recipe
The only thing better than a regular chicken breast is baked lemon butter chicken breast. Get a delicious baked lemon butter chicken...