Youtube, the standard for finding online video content, is host to millions of users and views daily, and with that thousands of newly created Youtube videos. Many users favorite numerous Youtube videos, but would love to copy them for quick, personal enjoyment. Copying videos off YouTube is something possible by anyone, and with only basic internnet knowledge.
Things You'll Need
- Youtube account
- An iPhone, Apple TV or iPod Video
- iTunes 6.0.1 or later
- A web browser with the Flash plug-in installed
- An Internet connection
- QuickTime Pro
Ask the owner/uploader of that Youtube video if you could download the file. This is so you are in the clear for any possible copyright violations.
Load your favorite YouTube.com videos. Allow the video to upload completely (this means watch the little red bar, located below the video, go the whole way, from left to right).
Find and download the FLV file with the download program (see link below).
Rename the FLV file to whatever you wish, but at the end of your file, add '.flv' to it. So, your file name should look something like this: 'Funnycat.flv'
Open and convert FLV files with QuickTime Pro.
Import video into iTunes. From there, you can send it to whatever Apple devices you use!
Tips & Warnings
- Use Firefox, instead of IE, Opera, etc. Firefox is much more efficient, and overall easier and more enjoyable to use.
- There are tons of other free tools to use, instead of Quicktime PRO or the Firefox add-on, but these programs are most effective and efficient.
- If you have difficulty renaming the file, use '.flv1' instead of '.flv'. This is rare, but a possible solution.
- Remember that Youtube, unlike Google videos, do not allow downlaoding of videos, so always ask for permission.
How to Copy a YouTube Video to a CD
There are numerous programs available that allow you to download video from the YouTube website. There are also websites that allow you...
How to Copy Video From a Computer Onto a DVD
How to Copy Video From a Computer Onto a DVD. If you have a video on your computer, ... How to Copy...