Making extra money on a newspaper delivery route is easy. It only takes a few hours a day!
Things You'll Need
Every newspaper has newspaper subscriptions. They need people to do deliver their newspapers to people at home. Look in the classified ads of your local newspaper for an open walk route. If you don't see any ads, call your local newspaper and inquire about newspaper home delivery route.
Find a newspaper delivery route that best suits your needs. For example, if there is an open delivery route 10 miles from you, and you have no car, that becomes almost impossible to do.
Ask what the average monthly income is, tips, an number of customers. In my local newspaper, the walk routes usually have between 30 to 90 customers each and average between $60 to $120 a month not including tips. This will vary depending on newspaper companies and size of town or city.
Using their newspaper delivery software, the newspaper company will print out a list of your customers, their addresses and phone numbers. You can use a car or a bicycle or just a good pair of sneakers to get the job done.
After getting the hand of newspaper deliveries, you may be able to add another small newspaper home delivery route to increase your earnings and tips.
Tips & Warnings
- If there aren't any open newspaper delivery routes, don't give up. Keep looking in the classified ads and calling your local newspaper for openings.
- Tips are HUGE when you have a newspaper delivery job. Be on time, dependable and always have a smile and people will show their appreciation. Christmas time is especially a good time for tips.
- Some paper companies send payment reminders out themselves. Others have you do it. There are pros and cons to both sides, it is really a matter of preference, control, and amount of time you have to do the bookkeeping.
- Make sure you understand every aspect of the contract between you and the paper company.
- You will be a sub contractor, so you will need to pay taxes on the money you earn.
- Remember that for most newspapers this is a 365 day a year job.
Newspaper Delivery Job Description
The most important expectation of a delivery job person is delivering the correct product to the customer within a designated time frame....
- How to Plan a Delivery Route
How to Make Extra Money Delivering Phone Books
Competing phone book companies usually hire part-time workers to deliver the books to homes. Workers can usually take as many routes as...
How to Get a Job Delivering Newspapers
Whether you are looking for an after-school job or a second job to bring in some extra income, you may want to...
How to Find Newspaper Delivery Jobs
You don't need a background in journalism to find a job in the newspaper industry. Newspaper delivery is a key service, and...
How Do I Become a Newspaper Delivery Person?
If you enjoy waking up at the crack of dawn and would like to make extra money each week, you might want...
How do I Get a Job Delivering Newspapers or Phone Books?
You can make extra money delivering newspapers or phone books while having enough time to hold a second job. Newspaper carriers work...
How Much Does a Newspaper Route Job Pay?
Billionaire investor Warren Buffet worked a paper route as a child, amassing more than $10,000 before he left home as a young...
What Do Newspaper Delivery Jobs Pay?
Residential customers depend on newspaper delivery workers for timely deliveries so they can catch the latest news before work or complete the...