This rich, minty chocolate fudge makes a fantastic treat for the Christmas holiday. Add it to a cookie gift plate or set them out for Santa. Whatever you use them for, these will surely become a traditional family favorite.
Things You'll Need
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 candy canes
Coarsely chop the unsweetened baking chocolate and put in a medium bowl.
Add the condensed milk and chocolate chips to the bowl and stir together.
Microwave for 45 seconds and stir. The chocolate will melt as you stir it. If it doesn't, pop it back into the microwave for another few seconds. Don't overcook the chocolate.
When the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint extract.
Pour the chocolate fudge mixture into the casserole dish. Use a spoon to smooth it and push it into the corners.
Put the candy canes in a zip lock back and crush them with a rolling pin.
Sprinkle the candy canes on top of the fudge. Cover the fudge and put it into the fridge until it is firm.
Tips & Warnings
- This fudge will last for up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container. It can also be frozen. If you are going to store the fudge for later, don't add the candy canes on top or they will get sticky and the colors will bleed. Just sprinkle them on top and press them into the fudge a bit right before you serve them.
How to Make Peppermint Bark
Peppermint bark is a tasty holiday treat composed of peppermint and two kinds of chocolate. It looks festive and is also very...
How to Make Molded Candy (Wedding Mints or Fudge)
Candy molds can be purchased and use to make any occasion special. Specialty cake stores or craft shops have many of these...
How to Make Peppermint Candy
All you need to make homemade peppermints is some peppermint extract, sugar, corn syrup and water. With a little time, you'll have...