These lightly sweetened Christmas cookies are fun to make and just as much fun to eat. This is a great recipe for kids to help with.
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- additional 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- additional 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Stir together the 3/4 cup powdered sugar and the 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder. Set aside.
Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth.
Add the butter, melted chocolate, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract and walnuts to a large bowl. Stir until completely combined.
Add the flour and stir in, scraping the sides. Cover the cookie dough and put it in the fridge for a few hours to chill.
Once the cookie dough is firm, form 1 inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set. Let them cool for a few minutes.
While the cookies are still warm, roll them in the powdered sugar and cocoa mix to coat. Let them cool completely and roll them in the mix again.
Tips & Warnings
- These Christmas cookies can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Roll them in the powdered sugar mix again when you are ready to serve them or put them on Christmas cookie plates.
How to Make Snowball Cookies
A holiday favorite, snowball cookies live up to their namesakes by floating to the buffet table in clouds of powdered sugar. Inside...
A Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Sugar-free oatmeal cookies are just as good as the original with this recipe. Make sugar-free oatmeal cookies with help from a pastry...