You can purchase Italian seasoning mix in the spice aisle of the grocery store, but you can just as easily make your own by combining spices. A benefit of mixing seasonings at home is that you can adjust the recipe to your taste. If you really like the taste of basil, simply add more to your mix. This recipe makes six ounces of seasoning mix that can be stored in an airtight jar for up to a year.
Things You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of dried sage
Italian Seasoning Mix
Measure out all of the spice ingredients and place them into a bowl.
Mix the spices until they are blended together.
Transfer the spice mix from the bowl into an air-tight jar or spice shaker.
Tips & Warnings
- You can also add onion powder or garlic powder.
- Add another tablespoon of the ingredient that you like the most to get a stronger flavor.
- Store the seasoning mix in a dark and cool place to prevent the spices from losing potency.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
How to Make Seasoning Packets
Herbs and spices add zip to any dish. However, sometimes in the rush to get supper on the table it takes too...
Italian Seasonings for Ground Beef
Ground beef is one of the most commonly used bases for a wide variety of different dishes. Italian seasoning is a mix...
Ingredients in Italian Seasoning
Italian seasoning is a mixture of herbs and spices that can be added to an array of dishes to add zest and...
Gluten-Free Cheese Breadsticks
Gluten-free cheese breadsticks require a few key ingredients, like gluten-free biscuit mix. Make gluten-free cheese breadsticks with help from a longtime baker...
How to Make Italian Seasoning
In order to make Italian seasoning, the ingredients include dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, pepper, salt, marjoram and red...