"Star Wars" is a beloved, popular, and recognized movie saga. Dressing as a Jedi for Halloween will show everyone that you're a fan. Furthermore, the costume is comfortable, easy to make and the best part is that you get to wield a lightsaber. Here's how to narrow down your costume selection tips on things to purchase for your Jedi costume needs.
Things You'll Need
- Jedi robe costume
Decide upon which Jedi or type of Jedi you'd like to portray. Determine whether you'd like to be a unique character of your own creation, or a famous Jedi such as Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi.
The lightsaber is the key identifying element of a Jedi. You can find may different types of officially licensed Star Wars lightsabers, starting under $10. If you are portraying a specific Star Wars character, recall what color lightsaber he or she used.
Jedi have different physical characteristics at each point in their development. Younglings are small and participate in group trainings, while a Padawan will typically have a noticeable braid.
Most Jedi are also identifiable by the Jedi robe, a simple garment allowing for swift movements. These can be purchased inexpensively at various online costume outlets in both kid and adult sizes (see Resources).
Become educated in the ways of the Force. Your costume will prove more convincing if you can demonstrate the hand motion associated with the Jedi mind trick. Show off your lightsaber skills.
Tips & Warnings
- Jedi are always more intimidating in groups. This is a simple costume idea that would work for a whole group, with each being able to choose a character.
- Jedi come in all shapes and sizes and many people love them. This is a great costume for any age group.
- Always take caution when using a lightsaber--even a toy one. Be careful not to break anything in a house or cause injury while trick-or-treating or at a Halloween party.
- Jedi costumes are generally brown or tan. Since you will not be wearing bright colors, consider using a light-up lightsaber, glow sticks or a flashlight for safety during trick-or-treating.
- Photo Credit Daniel Jackson
How to Make a Kid's Yoda Costume
A tutorial on making a Yoda costume out of easy to find materials. This costume requires very basic sewing skills.
How to Get a Jedi Name
If you are wondering how to get a Jedi name, you have come to the right place. These names are appropriate for...
How to Make a Jedi Robe & Tunic
Grown men and young boys—even some girls—enjoy dressing up as Jedi masters for Halloween, costume parties or Star Wars conventions around the...
How to Make a Star Wars Costume of Skywalker
Luke Skywalker, the protagonist of the original three "Star Wars" films, is an iconic science-fiction hero. After meeting old Jedi masters Obi-Wan...
How to Make a Padawan Costume
In the Star Wars universe, a Padawan is an apprentice Jedi knight, studying under a Jedi master. Like the Jedi knights, Padawans...
Homemade Jedi Knight Costume
Use the force, and a few crafting supplies, to create your own Jedi Knight costume. The Jedi Knight costume has gone through...