There's no need to buy a fancy cat carrier when you can make your own with simple household items, such as a laundry basket and twine. When you're done with the cat carrier, simply take it apart and you're ready to do laundry, or you can use it to hold cat toys.
Things You'll Need
- 2 matching plastic laundry baskets with holes
- Yarn, rope or twine
- Towel or blanket
Place a towel or blanket in the bottom of one laundry basket. This will provide a comfy cushion for your pet.
Place the second basket on top of the first, rim to rim.
Loop a strand of yarn, rope or twine through an opening near the rim of the bottom laundry basket. (The strand needs to be long enough to tie the two baskets together, looping around several times to provide extra strength.)
Loop the strand through an opening near the rim of the top laundry basket. Loop the strand several times around to provide extra holding power. The type and amount of yarn, rope or twine you use will depend on the size, strength and determination of your cat.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 several times around the basket, but make sure you can still lift the baskets apart. You still need to put kitty in the carrier.
Place kitty in the bottom basket.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to completely seal both baskets together. Your pet cat or kitten is ready to travel.
Tips & Warnings
- Check on kitty often to make sure kitty is not destroying the loops holding the baskets together.
- Choose baskets with small openings so that kitty cannot squeeze out of any holes.
- Do not leave your cat unattended for extended periods of time in the homemade cat carrier.
- Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle.
How to Build a Cat Trap
Feral cats and stray cats roaming your property can be a problem. They reproduce and can carry disease. You can capture feral...