A master cleansing is most often referred to as the lemonade diet. Celebrities like Beyonce and Robin Quivers have touted the weight they have lost using this diet. It was never intended to be a weight-loss recipe; instead, it was meant to cleanse the body of accumulated toxins and reduce sugar cravings.
Things You'll Need
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Grade B maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper
- Spring or purified water
- Optional: un-iodized sea salt, laxative tea
Prepare your lemonade drink by mixing the following ingredients:2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice 2 tablespoons Grade-B maple syrup1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper 8 ounces of spring or purified water
Do not eat solid food during the 10-day cleanse; instead, replace meals with 6 to 12 glasses of the drink mix every day.
In addition to the lemonade, drink one glass of un-iodized sea salt with purified water in the morning and a laxative tea in the evening.
In addition to the lemonade, drink 8 to 10 glasses of purified water throughout the day to guard against dehydration.
Tips & Warnings
- The book "The Master Cleanser" was originally written by the late nutritionist Stanley Burroughs in the 1940s.
- The cleanse gives the digestive system a vacation and acts as a tune-up for the body
- Users often report better joint and muscle flexibility, a heightened level of energy and even a reduction in acne flareups
- Do not stay on the cleanse for longer than 30 days.
- Stay close to the bathroom the first few days as your system will begin to eliminate toxins very quickly.
- Once you have completed the cleanse, wean yourself slowly back onto foods by initially ingesting juices, soups and broths.
- As with any weight-loss plan, consult your doctor first.
- Photo Credit morguefile
How to Lose Weight with Colon Cleansers
The whole idea of colon cleansing is to clear the body of impacted mucus, fecal matter and dead food that have been...
How to Lose Love Handles on Master Cleanse
The Master Cleanse is a juice fast designed to help the body eliminate toxins. Because you completely abstain from food and drink...
How to Keep Weight off After Master Cleanse
The master cleanse diet can help a dieter lose a tremendous amount of weight in a short period of time. One of...