Chocolate cake can be good, but it's still just a chocolate cake. With just a few extra ingredients and a little more time, you can turn a plain cake mix into a mouth-watering exstravagent dessert.
Things You'll Need
- electric mixer
- mearsuring cup and spoons
- 2- 8 or 9" round cake pans
- can of bakers joy spray
- one box moist chocolate fudge cake mix (any brand)
- one box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 eggs
- small jar rasberry preserves or all fruit
- small container sour cream
- chocolate syrup
- Lg container whipped chocolate frosting
use bakers joy spray on your cake pans and pre-heat your oven to recommended degrees on mix box.
make box cake mix according to package instruction, but instead of using oil use 1/2 cup applesauce, and add one pkg instant chocolate pudding mix + 2 extra tablespoons of water.
pour evenly into the two round cake pans and bake as directed, checking for toothpick to come out clean. let cool.
while cake is baking, place can of the whipped chocolate frosting in a bowl, and add 1/4 cup sour cream, beat together.
place one cake upside down on cake plate. use 1/3 of frosting mixture to cover top of it. add a layer of raspberry preserves. take chocolate syrup and drizzle over raspberry layer. place second cake right side up on top of the layers, and use the rest of frosting mixture to frost.
Tips & Warnings
- top with fresh raspberries if desired
- if cake is for a birthday, you can use your favorite white icing, vanilla, sour cream, butter cream or marshmallow on the top of cake for easy decorating. and frost sides with the chocolate mixture.
- be creative when frosting, twirl the knife or use it to make designs in the frosting.
- enjoy all the compliments you will get.
How to Make a Chocolate Cake With Pudding Mix
Rich, dark and moist, that's what chocolate cake should be. If you look on the front of any cake mix box, that's...
How to Jazz Up a Box of Carrot Cake Mix
Think inside and outside the box when you amp up the flavor of a carrot cake mix to intensify both the taste...