Wondering what to do with the abundance of mint growing in your garden? Run out of ideas for recipes that use mint? Make a delicious mint syrup that's perfect in tea or with seltzer water over ice.
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Slotted spoon or colander
- Glass container or bottle
Pick 1 cup of mint leaves. Run them under water to clean them, and add to a saucepan along with 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil, and boil gently for a minute or two.
Stain out the mint and let cool. Pour the resulting light-green syrup into a glass container.
Tips & Warnings
- Delicious in hot or iced tea
- pour some syrup in a glass of ice and top with seltzer water for a refreshing drink!
- The boiling syrup is very hot --- do handle with care!
- Photo Credit Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images
How to Make a Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep
**Start to Finish:** 10 minutes prep; 70 minutes total **Servings:** 4 to 6 **Difficulty Level:** Beginner Mint juleps, long known for their...
How to Make Peppermint Whiskey Cough Medicine
It's a good idea to make homemade cough syrup when you aren't sick so that you have it on hand when you...