Coffee, blood, red wine--these rich, colored liquids can wreak havoc on carpet and on a homeowner's mental state. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to lessen or completely remove the appearance of coffee on light-colored carpet.
Things You'll Need
- 2 dry towels
- Damp towel
- Strong carpet cleaner you trust, such as OXY Carpet Cleaner
Grab a large, dry towel immediately. Place it over the affected area and apply pressure to the towel in order to soak up excess coffee. Continue doing this until you've absorbed all of the liquid that you can.
Grab another towel and dampen it with water. Gently try to blot out the stain. You may want to attempt some light scrubbing, but stop immediately if it seems like you're doing more harm than good.
Use a strong carpet cleanser, such as OXY Carpet Cleaner, on the affected area if the stain has not disappeared.
Blot area dry with a clean towel.
Repeat the process a few times if the stain remains.
Attempt to use the carpet cleaner one more time after a few days pass.
Tips & Warnings
- The quicker you act, the more likely you'll be able to remove the stain, so try your best to prevent the stain from setting.
- Being that you're blotting a stain, keep old towels on hand for such tasks so that you don't ruin any nice bathroom or kitchen towels.
- Don't use a carpet cleaner on the affected carpet if you haven't used it before. Always do a test run on a covered area of carpet to ensure that the cleaner will not damage the carpet fibers.
- Photo Credit magnamail.com.au
How to Remove Coffee Creamer Stains From Carpet
Everyone wants a stain-free carpet but accidents happen. When they do, you want to be prepared to act quickly to get the...
How to Clean Up Laptop Spills
Spilling coffee on your laptop will not only ruin your morning, it can ruin your computer. Act quickly if this happens, because...