If you are looking for employment as a housekeeper, you may find writing a resume to be a challenge. If you have no true experience employed as a housekeeper, how do you write a resume to qualify you for the position? With some creativity, you can write a professional resume for housekeeper employment easily.
Things You'll Need
- Computer or word processor
- Resume writing book (optional)
Determine a layout or template for your housekeeper resume. You can find example resumes and layouts in resume writing books, or you can download templates from the internet.
Type your name and contact information at the top of the resume, following the example or template that you have chosen.
Write an objective statement that relates your goals to the employer and tells what you will bring to the job. For example, "To secure long-term employment as a housekeeper where I can utilize my organizational skills and housekeeping expertise to improve my client's living conditions."
Include education history after your objective statement.
List previous job experience chronologically, with the most recent first. If you have no experience in housekeeping, list jobs that required skills similar to those used in housekeeping (such as organization, time management, multi-tasking, etc.).
Add additional skills after your job history. If you have been a homemaker for 10 years, describe your skills learned. If you have no job experience, but a lot of homemaker experience, list Homemaker or Household Manager in the job experience section and describe your duties.
Provide name and contact information of at least two references (not related to you) that can speak positively about your work ethics and ability to perform well in a housekeeping position.
Tips & Warnings
- If you have no experience as a housekeeper and very little job experience, it is acceptable to list Homemaker or Household Manager as a job and list your experience managing your household.
- If you have held many jobs for short periods of time, do not list all of them. Select a few that best represent your skills necessary for housekeeper work and forget the rest. If the employer asks about gaps in your resume, you can respond with an explaination that you held jobs unrelated to housekeeping and that you would be happy to provide the complete list if necessary.
- Make sure you ask for permission prior to listing someone as your reference. If an employer calls a reference and they are caught off guard, they may not have great things prepared to say about you.
Hotel Housekeeping Skills
Hotels would find it impossible to run without a housekeeping staff. Most housekeepers work in specific areas of housekeeping, including in the...
Hospital Housekeeping Training
A hospital housekeeping position may seem like an everyday, repetitious job but it is one of the most important careers in disease...
How to Write a Janitorial Resume
Janitors, floor techs, housekeepers and custodians are needed in schools, hospitals, government buildings, businesses and hotels to help keep them clean, safe...
- Resume Career Objectives for a Janitress
Objectives of Housekeeping
Housekeeping is the general tidying up of a home; anything from scrubbing the kitchen floor to organizing a bookshelf is housekeeping. Most...
Good Objectives for Cleaning Resumes
Creating a good objective for a cleaning resume is important as the objective performs three vital functions. First, it tells the resume...
Housekeeping Skills for a Resume
When you're applying for a job as a housekeeper, caretaker or a job in the hospitality industry, the employer may want to...
Duties in a Housekeeping Resume
The duties of a housekeeper are similar in private households and in hotels. If you are applying for a housekeeping position, cleaning,...
Janitorial Job Description for a Resume
As of May 2010, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimated that more than 2 million janitors and building cleaners, not including housekeepers...
Resume Objectives for Hospitality
Hospitality jobs are those at hotels, conference centers, attractions and resorts. They include front desk personnel, housekeeping, sales, security, hotel management, catering...