Derma Wand may be new to a lot of people. However, the technology behind this machine has been used by dermatologists and skin care experts for many years. Now the Derma Wand has been made small enough and cheap enough that many can actually afford to use it at home. Utilized by many as a method for stimulating the skin, encouraging good blood circulation and collagen growth, Derma Wand offers a lot of other benefits as well. In most cases it can help to reduce the look of lines and wrinkles, puff up saggy eyes, rejuvenate the natural glow of the skin and help eliminate acne and pimples. Get rid of those bothersome blemishes with the following steps.
Things You'll Need
- Derma Wand unit
- Derma Wand surface treatment
- Derma Vital moisturizer, hydra infusion treatment and/or skin mist
Purchase the Derma Wand alone or in kit form. The average cost for a complete kit is around $125.
Cleanse the skin area where you plan to use the Derma Wand. Be sure to use a cleansing product that does not leave behind an oily residue. An all-natural glycerin soap is perfect for this purpose. Once the skin is clean, pat dry before proceeding to the next step.
Connect the unit to an outlet and turn on the Derma Wand.
Test the setting against the hand by placing the bulb gently on the skin. If the setting is appropriate, you should feel a slight tingling sensation. If little sensation is felt, the setting is too low. If the wand stings, the setting is too high. Keep adjusting the setting until it feels tingly but not uncomfortable. New users of Derma Wand usually start off with a level setting of two or three, increasing the setting as the skin becomes more attuned to the sensation. Long-term users will generally use a higher setting.
Move the bulb over the chosen skin area. Some recommend this be done in small, circular motions. Others prefer a linear movement. Do not use the wand for longer than a couple of minutes. In most instances, 60 to 90 seconds should suffice.
Work on a specific pimple to diminish it by lifting the bulb ever so lightly off of the skin. Then begin “dabbing” the pimple area in quick, short bursts. Be careful not to pull the wand too far away from the skin or the process will not work.
Stimulate the skin area around each pimple for an additional 30 to 45 seconds at as high a level setting as can be tolerated.
Apply Derma Vital moisturizer, hydra infusion treatment and/or skin mist if desired.
Tips & Warnings
- Try Derma Vital products, which are made exclusively for Derma Wand to enhance overall results.
- With Derma Wand, more does not necessarily equate to better. Use the wand only as instructed in the guidelines provided with the machine.
- Do not immerse the Derma Wand into water or any other liquid.
- Be cautious in using skin care products in conjunction with the wand's application. Such products work better after the wand treatment. Application before hand could affect the overall effectiveness of the machine.