It is important to clean up after your dog when you go out on a walk, or even when the dog is on your property. However, pooper scoopers can be expensive. So if you can make one out of PVC pipe, you'll come out ahead when it comes to your budget.
Things You'll Need
- PVC pipe, at least one piece that is as long as the height from your hand to the ground
- 1 PVC half-pipe at least 4 inches long
- 1 PVC pipe about 6 inches long
- PVC pipe sockets
- Sand paper
Take the long PVC pipe and make sure it is the right size. It should be long enough to comfortably rest on the ground when you hold it out from your waist.
Trim the PVC pipe if needed.
Using a connector socket, connect the 6inch PVC pipe to the top of the long piece to be a handle.
This can either be done with a center (two-way) connector, or can be done with a corner connector. Either way, you now have a handle for your pooper scooper.
Use the second connector on the base of the Pooper Scooper. Connect the half pipe of PVC to the end of the pooper scooper. You want to make sure that it lies flush with the ground.
Use sand paper to shave off the edge of the bottom of the PVC half pipe, on the side that is not connected to the handle. The further you shave it, the easier it will be to pick up poop.
Tips & Warnings
- Smaller and more lightweight PVC pipe is ideal for this project.
- Store your Pooper Scooper in a place where it is easy to access but won't be damaged by the outdoor elements.
- Don't allow your dog to chew on the pooper scooper.
How to Make Youtube Poop
Youtube Poop is a trend that is not going away in the Youtube community. From all the comedy channels in Youtube, Youtube...
How to Make Your Own Dog Poop Scoop
If you own a dog, by default, you also own the rights to clean up their dog poop. Not a fun job...
How to Make Fake Poop
It is a great feeling to make your friend and family laugh. One way to really get your loved ones rolling in...