Serve these classic finger sandwiches at a tea party, pool party, or any time you want a light, elegant snack. Makes 20-30 finger sandwiches.
Things You'll Need
- 1 small onions - grated
- A few tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 medium cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and grated
- parsleys sprigs (for garnish)
- 12 oz. softened cream cheeses
- 1 lb. wheat bread
- cucumber slices (for garnish)
- Cucumber Slices (for Garnish)
- Parsleys Sprigs (for Garnish)
Combine the cucumbers and cream cheese, then blend in the onion.
Add in a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise and blend until the mixture is soft and spreadable. Add a little more mayonnaise to soften further.
Cut the crusts off the bread, then either cut each piece into fourths or cut into diamonds.
Spread mixture over half the bread pieces, then top with another piece of bread.
Garnish with parsley or cucumber.
Tips & Warnings
- You can also leave the sandwiches open-faced.
- Try this method with tuna or chicken salad, too.
How to Make Beautiful Finger Sandwiches
Offering your guests finger sandwiches is a way to provide a number of dining choices in small portions. Finger sandwiches usually are...
How to Make Cucumber Dill Sandwiches
Ideal for nibbling between meals, cucumber dill sandwiches make light appetizers that won’t ruin your appetite. At their most basic, these simple...
Tea Party Sandwich Ideas
A tea party includes details with a degree of refinement, as ladies gather for lively chatter and delicious refreshments. Serve elegant tea...