In today's society, many people want to look like their favorite Hollywood stars, and therefore desire to lose weight and look lean. It is a good idea to get rid of fat and have a lean body, but acquiring that look must be done in a safe and healthy manner.
Things You'll Need
- Diet Plan
- Grocery List of Healthy Food
- Exercise Facility
- Work Out Plan
How to Get Lean
Create a diet plan that you can stick to, and with foods you will enjoy. There is no point in creating a meal plan full of foods you hate, or won't eat. Ideally, you want to take in fewer calories than what you expend throughout the day in order to become lean.
Stock your pantry and refrigerator with healthy and organic foods. You should also clear out unhealthy foods like chips and sodas so you won't be tempted to eat those instead of the healthy foods.
Eat several small meals throughout the day, rather than just a few large meals three times a day. This will help keep your metabolism high, and also keep your stomach feeling more full, which will lead to less binging at large meals.
Develop an exercise plan. Find several activities you enjoy doing and create a plan that includes a good mix of cardio workouts and weight training exercises. To maximize weight loss, you should try to do a cardio workout 5 to 7 days out of the week, and weight train 3 to 5 days of the week. Make sure to give your body a day to rest in between weight training days so the muscles have time to recover.
Incorporate yoga or pilates into your workout plan. Holding many of the poses in yoga will help tone muscles, giving you the lean look you desire.
Change your workout routine frequently so your body does not fall into a rut. This will help maximize the amount of weight you can lose in a set period of time.
Tips & Warnings
- Create a program you can stick to easily.
- Stock your pantry and refrigerator with healthy food and snacks, so you won't be tempted to eat junk food.
- Mixing up your workouts will keep your muscles from getting bored, and allow you to see results faster.
- Don't try to exercise too much or too hard early on in your program. You need to build up to it, or you will get sore muscles and won't see improvements as quickly.
- Never remove an entire food group from your daily intake for dieting purposes.
- Photo Credit http://www.sxc.hu/photo/53877
- Definition of Lean Production
How to Build Lean Body Mass
Chiseled abs, shapely legs, toned arms - these can be yours when you increase your lean body mass and decrease your body...
How to Become Model Skinny
As a child, supermodel Sarah DeAnna wasn’t the waif-like figure now strutting catwalks around the world. She dined on junk food and...
How to Lean Out Bulk Muscle
Fitness goals can change over time. When a person is younger, or when he competes in a sport like football, it may...