Cleaning combs and brushes can seem as though it is tedious, however if you use this one specific remedy you will be sure to use it every time a brush or a comb needs cleaning.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cups of Clorox bleach
- 5 cups of boiled water
- 1 large bucket or pot (whichever you prefer)
How to Clean Hairbrushes and Combs
Boil 5 cups of water and place inside of a large bucket or pot. Be careful when pouring boiling water into bucket or pot, the steam could burn you.
Add 2 cups of Clorox bleach to the boiling water and mix well. Do not use other brands of bleach. Clorox by far is the best bleach to use when cleaning or disinfecting anything.
Take out brushes and combs that need to be cleaned. Be sure to remove any hair out of the brushes and combs before placing them inside of the boiling water and bleach.
Place the brushes and combs inside of the mixture, be sure that they are completely submerged in the water. Leave in mixture for at least one hour.
Remove brushes and combs from water and bleach mixture, rinse with cold water and place onto towel for at least one hour to air dry. Use and repeat process once a week or when necessary.
Tips & Warnings
- Be sure to collect all brushes and combs from around the house so you only need to do it one time.
- Be careful when using bleach, be sure that the room is ventilated.
- Do not put hands into beach mixture, wear rubber gloves, can irritate skin
- Photo Credit ultimatelooks.com
- How to Make Homemade Comb and Brush Cleaner
How to Clean Hair Brushes & Lice
Adult lice are about the size and color of a sesame seed. Lice do not spread disease and they do not cause...
How to Sanitize a Brush With Head Lice
Head lice are parasitic insects that survive by sucking your blood. You will notice if you're infested with head lice because you...
- How to Clean a Paddle Brush