People often become tired of their regular workout routine. The diamond push-up is a variation of the standard push-up. Diamond push-ups are more difficult than the standard push-up as they force your weight on towards a smaller surface area. If you are willing to try a new exercise the diamond push-up is a great way to add variation to your routine or to just add an extra degree of difficulty.
Things You'll Need
- One towel or matt.
Place towel or matt on the floor.
Kneel down and place your hands on the towel or matt.
Position your hands so your thumbs and index fingers are touching each other, creating a diamond shape with your hands.
Keep your hands in the diamond position and extend your legs fully out. This will put your legs in the standard push-up position while your hands are in the daimond position.
Bend your arms fully until your chest completely touches the floor. Exhale during this step.
Push back up until you are fully raised again. Inhale during this step.
Tips & Warnings
- Using a towel or matt will help relieve pressure off your hands while doing a diamond push-up.
- When doing any type of push up you should always keep your head down, never looking up.
- If you have any questions or concerns you should contact a physician first.
- Never do more push-ups than you feel that you can handle. If you begin to feel fatigue or pain you should stop and contact a physical trainer, physician, or any other trained professional knowledgeable in this subject.
- Photo Credit www.your-fitness-trainer.com
What Are the Benefits of Pushups?
If you're interested in developing stronger chest muscles, pushups provide one of the very best exercises. Not only do they work your...
How to Do a Proper Pushup
Because pushups challenge muscles throughout your entire body and can be done anywhere, it’s not surprising that they find themselves in many...