Your family will love this new twist on an old idea. This recipe combines pasta, meat, and cheese in a delicious creamy tomato sauce. Serve slices of garlic bread and a green salad to complete the meal. It takes less than an hour, but it will taste like you've been cooking all day!
Things You'll Need
- 1 Pound of ground beef
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 - 16 Ounce jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 1 - 4 Ounce can of mushroom pieces, drained
- 6 Ounces of elbow macaroni
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 4 Ounces provolone cheese sliced
- 4 Ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Non stick cooking spray
- Tin foil
Baked Macaroni and Meat
Put meat in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Cook and stir until browned, then drain off the excess fat.
Add onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Simmer with cover on for about 5 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Put half of the macaroni on the bottom of dish, then pour half the sauce on top of the pasta, and then half of the sour cream. Place slices of the provolone cheese on top of the sour cream.
Layer the rest of the pasta. sauce, and the sour cream, and top with the shredded mozzarella. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serves 6
Tips & Warnings
- You may want to spray the tinfoil with the cooking spray to avoid the cheese from sticking to the foil.
- Ricotta or cottage cheese may be substituted for the sour cream if desired.
- Photo Credit Top Photo by Toni, Step 1 Photo by Chris,