Selling products on eBay can be a lucrative and rewarding move, but you need to sell products quickly and regularly to make it worth your while. If you own a work-from-home business selling on eBay, or you simply want to earn some extra spending cash, you will be more successful and have more free-time on your hands if you can sell your products faster.
Things You'll Need
- Internet connection
- Something to sell
- Digital camera
How to Sell Faster on Ebay
Research the price of used items like the ones you want to sell on eBay or at one of the many product search sites such as Buy.com. Price your item competitively, but not too cheaply. Factor in the shipping cost and condition of those items you see for sale. Also, look to see why other items like yours sold for less and check their condition. Perhaps the person listing the item forgot to add pictures or list enough features.
Take good pictures. Use a backdrop such as a white piece of poster board, cotton sheet or anything that creates a background. Position the item at a diagonal, or in a way that gives it a dynamic and exciting feel. Be sure to clean the item before the photo. If it is dirty, greasy, dusty or grimy it will detract from the item's appeal. Include the original box, manuals and anything else that goes with the item right in the picture.
Write a provocative title that gives the item model number or commercial name and motivates someone to bid. For example: Flat screen hi-def HDTV, Sony HD1105, popular item." Also, try to include as many good search terms as possible. For instance, if it is a HDTV, include HDTV, but also include the make, model and related terms such as flat-screen, TV, hi-def or other terms potential buyers might use to look for the item.
Write a description that gives the viewer a reason to buy the item. State the advantages the product has over similar items, and give bidders a reason to buy your item instead of someone else's. Examples such as "fast shipping," "free shipping," "comes with box" and "under warranty" are great to include in your description. Also be sure to include more search terms, such as "television," "TV", "stereo surround sound," "remote control", and other features that bidders might type into their search bar to narrow their search in the description. Then list the item's specifications.
Select the buy-it-now option and offer a price that is competitive with other prices you have found online, accounting for the shipping cost.
Tips & Warnings
- Always set your item apart from other items when you use the buy-it-now option, and try to create an impulse to buy if possible. "Only a few left!" or "Popular item!" might entice someone to buy now rather than wait for the end of the auction.
- Add as much detail to your listing as possible.
- Always answer as many of the questions from bidders as you can.
- Set the auction length to less than seven days, if you feel the item will sell, since most bidders wait until the last day to start bidding.
- Don't include phrases like "like new" in the title if you select "like new" in the condition drop-down box, because eBay will remove your listing for keyword spamming. Use just enough key phrases to reach the bidders you want to reach and don't overdue it.
- Do not make promises or statements in your listing just to sell faster. Be honest and straightforward and price your item competitively, and it will sell.
How to Make Quick Money by Selling the Stuff in Your House
A wonderful way to bring in some extra cash is to sell the items in your home that you no longer want...
- How to Successfully Sell Things on eBay
The Best Way to Sell Your Stuff Fast
Provides helpful and practical tips for raising cash in a little amount of time using old-fashioned methods and also advance technology.