Master Cool evaporative coolers are great during hot and dry climates. However, cleaning the salt build up that accumulates in the pads can be a challenging process. Read more to learn how you can save hundreds of dollars and extend the life of the pads with proper cleaning.
Things You'll Need
- Pressure washer or a high pressure hose sprayer
- Master Cool evaporative cooler pads
- Screw driver
How to clean Master Cool Evaporative Cooler Pads
Remove the pad frames.
Take the pads from the frames, and lean against a solid object. Avoid landscaping.
Hook up your pressure washer or attach the hose nozzle to the hose. Switch to the jet setting.
Using the pressure washer or hose, blast water onto the first pad. The water will force the salt build-up from the pad.
Using the pressure washer or hose, blast water onto the second pad. The water will force the salt build-up from the pad.
Use a screwdriver to loosen crusted salts and stubborn deposits embedded in the pads.
Use the high pressure washer or hose for frames that are crusted with salts.
Install the pads inside the frames. Put frames back on the cooler.
Tips & Warnings
- This is an easy way to get rid of excessive mineral deposits on your cooler pads. Let the driveway dry before you sweep up the mess, as it is easier to do so when the pavement is dry.
- Do not clean the pads in landscaped areas. The salts coming off these pads will kill plants and ruin the soil.
- Do not wash the salts down the street.
- Do not let the salts sit for long on the driveway. They will eventually eat through the top layer of the concrete.
- Photo Credit jgharsha
MasterCool Vs. Straw Pads
In hot and dry climates, evaporative cooling is an effective cooling method. An evaporative cooler is made up of a blower fan,...
How to Change Swamp Cooler Pads
A swamp cooler is an inexpensive way to cool your house during the hot summer months. Occasionally your swamp cooler will need...
How to Size a Mastercool
Mastercool evaporative coolers provide efficient and cost-effective cooling for homes in hot, dry areas. Unlike air conditioner units whose capacity is measured...
MasterCool is a line of mobile evaporative coolers used to keep indoor temperatures comfortable when outdoor temperatures are excessive. These types of...