The Gilligan's Island cocktail, named after the infamous television series "Gilligan's Island," is a sweet, fruit-flavored beverage without too much alcohol. The show "Gilligan's Island" was about a group of castaways who became stuck on a deserted tropical island. Likewise, the cocktail would be perfectly at home on a piece of beach-front land. Want to make your own Gilligan's Island? Here's how.
Things You'll Need
- 1 1/2 shots of vodka
- 1 1/2 shots of peach schnapps
- 6 ounces of orange juice
- 4 ounces of cranberry juice
- A slice of orange (optional)
Fill a tall glass (a pint glass or Collins glass will work fine) roughly halfway full of ice.
Add the vodka and peach schnapps. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
Pour in the cranberry juice and orange juice. Stir again to mix the ingredients together. If the glass isn't quite full, add more ice to fill it.
Garnish with a slice of orange, if desired.
Tips & Warnings
- Flavored vodkas, particularly orange-flavored ones, work very nicely in this recipe. Try experimenting to find your favorite.
- Another great option is to replace the vodka with rum for an even more tropical feel.
- Don't use expensive vodka to construct your Gilligan's Island. It isn't worth it because the vodka's flavor is overpowered by the other flavors, particularly that of the peach schnapps.
- Never drink and drive.
- Drink responsibly.
- Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons
How to Make Thousand Island Dressing
The original, century-old version of Thousand Island dressing hails from the Thousand Islands Inn in Clayton, on the St. Lawrence River. Making...
How to Make a Ginger Costume From Gilligan's Island
Learn to create a costume befitting of Gilligan Island's Ginger. Learn how to choose and alter the dress, create DIY jewelry and...
How to Decorate for a Gilligan's Island Party
Make your friends feel like castaways on an island at a Gilligan's Island-themed party. To give this party an authentic look that...
Costume Ideas for Gilligan's Island
Gilligan’s Island costumes are a great idea for a group costume or costume party theme. The silly sitcom about seven castaways on...
Shipwreck Costume Ideas
From Robinson Crusoe to Gilligan’s Island to the Blue Lagoon, stories of being trapped on a beautiful, lovely paradise to pit your...