Fruit flavored gelatin is popular in the summertime. It is a quick and easy dish to bring to family dinners and reunions. This is also a good snack to eat in the evenings after dinner too. By adding some fresh fruit, it can liven up the taste of something plain and dull. Fruits add a fresh taste and fun colorful texture.
Things You'll Need
- 2 boxes of instant strawberry JELL-O mix
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries or frozen strawberries
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Glass cake pan
Prepare the strawberry JELL-O as directed on the box. Let it cool and then pour into the cake pan.
Slice the banana and slice about 1 cup of fresh strawberries. You may also use frozen strawberries too.
Add them into the JELL-O mixture in the cake pan. Spread all of the fruit apart so that it is not just in one area of the JELL-O.
Pour your chopped nuts into the mixture if desired.
Cover the JELL-O in the pan with some plastic wrap or a lid. Let it cool for several hours or chill overnight so that the fruit sets up in the JELL-O. Spread a layer of whipped topping over the JELL-O and add additional slices of fruit to the top if you would like. This is a great summer dessert to serve at a cookout.
Tips & Warnings
- You can also change this recipe by adding different types of fresh, frozen or canned fruits. Try peaches, pineapple or other kinds of berries as well.
- Try different flavored JELL-O to use in this recipe too. For example, try fresh pineapple in orange flavored JELL-O. This recipe is very flexible.
- Keep your JELL-O chilled at all times. If if gets left out in the heat, the JELL-O could get syrupy.
- Photo Credit jupiterimages.com
How to Make A Cottage Cheese and Jell-O Salad
This easy side dish is a good way to get kids to eat cottage cheese. The flavors and fruits can be adjusted...
How to Make Pretzel Jell-O Salad
For one of the best desserts around, try your hand at some strawberry pretzel Jell-O salad. This unique combination of sweet and...
Mandarin Orange & Pineapple Salad
Whether you're trying to lose weight or add healthier foods into your diet, you may find that it's often difficult to satisfy...