If you find yourself short on gift boxes, you don't need to panic. Just grab a few craft supplies and make a quick giftbox that your gift recipient will certainly appreciate.
Things You'll Need
- Page from wallpaper book, stiff construction paper or heavy weight magazine page such as cover or insert
Cut the paper into squares. This can be done by folding one corner in to the opposite side and cutting off the excess paper.
Fold paper into thirds in each direction, but not into even thirds. The center section should be larger then the side sections. In the pictured example, fold the paper into the center, but you can vary the size as you need to. Open the paper and trace the lines with a pen or pencil.
Fold the corners of your square into the corners of the center sections.
Pick up the four sides and crease the corner sections making one-half of a box. Fold the corners flat and tape them in place. Use clear tape, though blue tape is used in the image for illustration purposes.
Repeat Steps 1 through 4 being sure to make the center square roughly the same size as the previous box half.
Fit the two sides together to make a gift box. Add a ribbon to the top if you wish.
Tips & Warnings
- You can use just about any stiff paper you can find.
- The pattern of paper you choose will determine whether the box is masculine or feminine
- Use construction or magazine page for a small gift.
- A page from a wallpaper sample book is great for a medium sized gift.