For many people, mornings are tough. You are trying to get the kids ready, feed the dog, clean up and get to work on time. If you are on Weight Watchers, you know you need to eat a healthy, low-point breakfast. But who has time? You do, now that you have this simple, delicious recipe for one point chocolate muffins!
Things You'll Need
- 3 cups high fiber bran cereal
- 1 (19 ounce) box reduced fat brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Large mixing bowl
- One cup dry measuring cup
- One cup and one-half cup liquid measuring cups
- Regular sized muffin tins
- Non-stick spray or paper muffin liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper muffin liners.
Pour three cups bran cereal into large mixing bowl. Pour water into cereal and mix to dampen all the cereal.
Allow the cereal and water mixture to stand up to fifteen minutes, until the cereal has soaked up all of the water and has a mushy consistency.
Pour the dry brownie mix into the cereal and water mixture. Stir until well blended.
Fill the muffin tins about two-thirds full with the brownie mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool for about fifteen minutes. Makes thirty, one point muffins. Freeze individually in baggies for a great grab-and-go breakfast!
Tips & Warnings
- Some brands of cereal that work well for this recipe include All Bran, 100% Bran, and Bran Buds
- Some brand of brownie mix that work well in this recipe include Betty Crocker Reduced Fat Brownie Mix and Krusteaz Fat Free Brownie Mix
- Try using fat free muffin mixes, such as blueberry, in place of the brownie mix for variety
- Photo Credit www.morguefile.com/wax115
How to Calculate Weight Watchers Points
You can calculate the Weight Watchers point value for food items or meals if you know the formula and know where to...
How to Calculate How Many Weight Watchers Points You Get
Weight Watchers is a great proven program for weight loss but unfortunately it can be very hard to afford during these tough...