Many people that I have talked to that are wanting to work at home, imply that they would like to find a typing job. Such jobs through employers are few and far between. There are some medical transcription jobs if you have the highly specialized skills required. However, finding your own way to money typing at home may be easier then you may think.
Things You'll Need
- Typing disability.
- Business cards.
- Resume (may not be needed)
Get the education or job skills needed for a work from home typing job. You will need to efficient in general computer programs, internet research, and have a typing speed of at least 50 words per a minute. If you already have these skills, move on to step two.
Have business cards printed. You will need to have printed on the cards a statement or phrase describing your service you would like to perform. For example "Business Typing Services" or "Typing For You". Don't forget to add an email address, post office box, and your name.
Adapt your resume to show typing experience to match a work at home typing job. Typing jobs that you are seeking will mainly be contract work, so resumes may not be required. It is best to have your resume ready in case it is requested.
Visit area business' that may need your typing service. Business' that you may find a work from typing job from are usually small, that would not be able to hire other workers on a full time basis. You would offer your business as a personal service typing that would require no strings attached. This means that they are not required to hire you for a contact. The goal would be to have several businesses that would call you when they need extra help. Things you may be typing would include flier's, newsletters, news releases, and companies policies and bylaws. (Some companies may have many employees, but it may be more cost effective for them to contract such work out).
Invest time in to potential business that you believe will benefit greatly from your home typing service. Show them how you can increase their productivity or sales. Car dealerships, Insurance agencies, and small print shops are great places to start. You can also contact commission based salesmen with a strong customer base. Show them how you can free up their time to do actual selling, but hiring you to do grunt paper work.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not be narrow minded. Be open to helping business that offer you work from home typing jobs in as many areas as possible. Take on extra job when needed, such as during tax time in getting things in order for the accountant or need help when sending out billing.
- A typing job is work that is being formatted for paper use. Data entry jobs are work that is being entered into the computer for digital uses.
- A tri-folded business card instead of a resume, can work wonders in this field if you are willing to help a business in various kinds of tasks (not required.
- You will not make a lot from typing from home, but with a little work you could make a good living.
- How Much to Charge for Typing Services From Home?
Offline Typing Jobs
Offline typing jobs are fast growing home-business opportunities because organizations and companies are turning to subcontractors to perform offline typing work from...
BBB-Approved Typing From Home Jobs
Typing jobs are among the most common work-at-home opportunities offered online. Many companies outsource several occupations, which include data entry and writing,...