Do you have gutters on your house with dark black streaks? They should be easy enough to remove.
Things You'll Need
- Spray Oven Cleaner
- Face mask
- Eye Protection
- Hat or Hair Net
You can go to your local Dollar Store and buy generic oven cleaner, hair net/cap, and paint mask, and goggles
Be Careful and use ladder to go up to the gutter. Spray with oven cleaner and move to next section. Do not over reach while on a ladder as you could fall.
Do one side of your house at a time.
After spraying with oven cleaner let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with garden hose. Be sure to rinse entire wall at the same time
Finish by doing the remaining sides of your house.
Tips & Warnings
- Wear Eye and Resperation Protection
- a Hair Net or Hat might also be a good idea
- You could also wrap a tshirt around your head looking out the neck hole (old painters fix)
- If you have a pressure washer you can rinse with it.
- Do Not Over reach while on ladder
- Make sure ladder is in good working order
- Do not let oven cleaner sit on wall or gutter surfaces without rinsing off with water.
How to Clean Electrostatic Bonding Tiger Stripes on Gutters
The black stripes, also known as "tiger stripes," that appear on the outer surface of gutters are the results of water run-off,...
How to Remove Tiger Stripes From Gutters
Tiger-striped gutters are dirty and look unsightly. Tiger stripes on gutters are caused from particles of algae, pollution, roofing material and dirt...
How to Remove Stains From White Gutters
Gutters protect the siding of your home by catching water and draining it away from your home. However, these gutters also catch...
How to Get Black Streaks Off Gutters & Fascias
Black streaks are often found on gutters and fascias just underneath the gutters. These black streaks are a result of tar, asphalt...