A vinegar rinse is an excellent way to remove residue buildup caused by old hair spray, shampoo and conditioners from your hair. However, many people don't know that you can make hair silky with apple cider vinegar. Just by following a few simple steps, your hair will have a beautiful healthy shine and the silky texture you love. Before long, your hair will look like liquid silk.
Things You'll Need
- Apple cider vinegar
- Measuring cup
- Bottle or bowl
Pour ½ cup of water into an empty bottle or bowl.
Mix in ½ cup of apple cider vinegar.
Shampoo your hair as usual using your favorite shampoo
Rinse your hair with the apple cider vinegar mixture.
Leave the vinegar mixture on your hair for approximately three minutes.
Wash out the vinegar mixture.
Repeat this process once or twice each week.
Tips & Warnings
- Shampoo your hair a second time after applying the apple cider mixture, to make sure your hair doesn't smell like the vinegar, although once your hair dries, there won't be any vinegar odor.
- You can substitute white vinegar for the apple cider vinegar.
- For extra soft, supple and shiny hair, use an egg shampoo. Simply massage two raw eggs into your scalp and through your hair. Follow with a vinegar rinse.
- Keep your eyes closed when using the vinegar rinse as it can burn your eyes.
- Make sure to use diluted vinegar. Using undiluted vinegar can cause your face to burn. The feeling may last up to 30 minutes.
- Use caution in the shower or bathtub as the vinegar makes the floor more slippery than usual.
How to Make Curly Hair Soft and Silky
Curly hair is bouncy and unique but is also prone to natural frizziness. Frizzy hair is harder to style and can ruin...