When you want a delicious cold beverage, make an iced cappuccino. This creamy satisfying beverage tastes so good it's like having a special dessert. You can buy an iced cappuccino out but it always tastes better when you make it yourself at home.
Things You'll Need
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Milk or cream
- Espresso - if desired
- Instant coffee powder or crystals
- Chocolate syrup
Place ice cubes into a blender and blend until the blender crushes them. Use a food processor if you don't have a blender.
Add the milk, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, sugar and espresso into the blender; or if you prefer, replace the milk with ice cream or frozen yogurt for a very creamy iced cappuccino. Use fat-free ice cream or frozen yogurt if you're counting calories.
Blend everything until it is smooth, creamy and has a pleasant froth on top.
Pour the cappuccino into a tall glass.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles or cherries, and enjoy a refreshing drink that didn't cost you a bundle.
Tips & Warnings
- Experiment with adding your own special ingredients, such as a flavored creamer, cinnamon or flavored syrup, such as raspberry, to your cappuccino to make it really your own special treat. Check the Hershey's Kitchen for great iced cappuccino ideas. (See resources for link.)
- Give your cappuccino more flavor-make ice cubes from cold coffee and use them in your iced cappuccino.
- Substitute a cup of pre-made coffee for the instant coffee powder.
- Always wash your hands before preparing any type of food or beverage.
- Make sure to leave room in the blender for the mixture to foam.
How to Make a Cappuccino Milk Shake
If you love ice cream treats, but cringe at the cost of gas to drive to your local ice cream parlor, you...
How to Make a Vanilla Cappuccino
A cappuccino is a delicious drink made from espresso, steamed milk and foam. If you're looking for a change from your typical...
How to Make an Iced Mocha
Iced mocha is a great drink but the cost can really add up if you're buying from a coffee house. If you...
How to Make Flavored Cappuccino
Make your own cappuccino at home for a fraction of the cost. Try a few of these flavored concoctions and see which...
How to Use a Keurig to Make Cappuccino
Keurig manufactures single-cup coffee brewers for use in a home or office environment. Designed to produce coffee, hot chocolate or tea, the...