If you make your own skin-firming gel, you can be assured that all of the ingredients are fresh and natural. You can use skin-firming gel in the morning or as a night cream, and it works beautifully under makeup.
Things You'll Need
- 10 oz. distilled water
- 5 oz. glycerin
- 1 oz. emulsifying wax
- 7 oz. CroThix thickener
- 7 oz. jojoba or tea tree oil
- 16 oz. phenonip or germaben
- ½ oz. of essential oils of your choice
- Sterile container
Place the emulsifying wax, CroThix thickener and jojoba or tea tree oil, phenonip or germaben and essential oils in a small saucepan over low heat until the mixture is thoroughly melted.
Heat the water and glycerin in a separate saucepan over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170 degrees.
Stir the oil mixture into the distilled water and glycerin mixture in a microwave-proof bowl.
Put the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds and immediately pour the mixture into a blender container. Blend briefly until the mixture turns white and creamy.
Store the mixture in a sterile container.
Tips & Warnings
- CroThix is a convenient thickener that can be purchased at craft shops that carry soap making supplies. It is believed to be effective as a skin firmer.
- If the skin-firming gel seems too thick, increase the amount of distilled water.
- Try adding a small amount of blue chamomile essential oil to the mixture for a lovely blue color and a calming scent.