If you make your own skin-firming gel, you can be assured that all of the ingredients are fresh and natural. You can use skin-firming gel in the morning or as a night cream, and it works beautifully under makeup.
Things You'll Need
- 10 oz. distilled water
- 5 oz. glycerin
- 1 oz. emulsifying wax
- 7 oz. CroThix thickener
- 7 oz. jojoba or tea tree oil
- 16 oz. phenonip or germaben
- ½ oz. of essential oils of your choice
- Sterile container
Place the emulsifying wax, CroThix thickener and jojoba or tea tree oil, phenonip or germaben and essential oils in a small saucepan over low heat until the mixture is thoroughly melted.
Heat the water and glycerin in a separate saucepan over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170 degrees.
Stir the oil mixture into the distilled water and glycerin mixture in a microwave-proof bowl.
Put the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds and immediately pour the mixture into a blender container. Blend briefly until the mixture turns white and creamy.
Store the mixture in a sterile container.
Tips & Warnings
- CroThix is a convenient thickener that can be purchased at craft shops that carry soap making supplies. It is believed to be effective as a skin firmer.
- If the skin-firming gel seems too thick, increase the amount of distilled water.
- Try adding a small amount of blue chamomile essential oil to the mixture for a lovely blue color and a calming scent.
How to Make a Numbing Gel
Numbing gel is used to avoid pain. A numbing gel --- also called a topical anesthetic --- can be used to deaden...
How to Make Skin Cream
While there is a bevy of skin creams available in any drug or cosmetic store, you can also make your own skin...
How to Make Skin Firming Products at Home
Making your own skincare, soap and body products at home allows you to take advantage of a natural and botanical ingredients that...
How to Make Gel Moisturizer
If you suffer from dry, cracked or burning skin, you might try applying store-bought lotions and creams to try to soften and...
The Best Skin Firming Secrets
Skin firming is the goal of many women who are faced with wrinkles, saggy skin and cellulite. While some women may invest...