There's no excuse for leaving for work or school without eating breakfast. It keeps you going throughout the morning and helps you consume fewer calories later in the day. Customize your smoothie with your favorite flavors and add get a boost of fiber from the oatmeal. Try this smoothie for a filling, healthy breakfast when you're short on time.
Things You'll Need
- 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats, not quick-cooking
- 1 cup chocolate soy milk, soy milk, skim milk or fruit juice
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
Place the oatmeal in the blender and pulse several times to create a fine dust.
Add the fruit, milk or juice and sweetener to the blender. Drop in about 3/4 cup of ice.
Blend until smooth. For a thinner smoothie, add more liquid. Pour into a travel mug for a breakfast on the go.
Tips & Warnings
- Add flax seed for more health benefits.
- Do not use quick cooking oats--they will make the smoothie too thick too quickly.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images
How to Make a Detox Smoothie
Make a healthy detox smoothie full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This tropical detox smoothie tastes amazing!
How to Eat Oats to Lose Weight
Fiber is an important element of a weight loss diet. Fiber aids in digestion and makes you feel full so you don't...
Types of Smoothies
The perfect summertime pick-me-up, smoothies blend fruits and vegetables with juice, yogurt or water for a refreshing, nutrition-packed drink. When designing smoothies,...
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Kids
Ensuring sure your child eats a nutritious breakfast is of utmost importance. When hectic mornings prevent you from spending a lot of...