Website owners without marketing budgets can promote their sites for free. Through the efficient use of search engine optimization (SEO), blogs, directories, forums and website link exchanges, they can attract visitors to their sites, draw attention to their products and services, raise their online visibility and boost their credibility as businesspeople.
Things You'll Need
Learn to use SEO. Research popular keywords that people use in their Internet searches. Write content for your website that includes those keywords.
Write articles for submission to free website directories. This is known as "article marketing." Add your biography at the end of your articles with a link back to your website. Use the keywords in your articles that you used on your website.
Engage in blogs, forums and online discussions or participate on message boards.
Create your own blog. Use free blogging services and start posting information about your business such as announcements of upcoming sales and specials, product reviews and industry news. Set up your blog so readers can comment.
Network with other website owners and exchange links and advertisements.
Tips & Warnings
- Most free website traffic comes from search engines. You want to write content related to your site that also includes popular key words.
- Aim for a 2 to 5 percent keyword density in your content.
- Stay focused on your website's topic in blogs, forums and on message boards.
- Join forums, blogs and message boards that interest you. And submit posts that are informative and have value.
- Add your signature in small type below each post with a link to your website.
- Post weekly on forums.
- Although link exchanges no longer affect search engine rankings as they once did, having your link on as many reputable sites as possible increases your website's chances of being found by potential customers.
- Respond quickly to questions posted on blogs or forums that you can answer. The person posting the original message is likely to read your response and click on the link to your website. Others who read your response may do the same.
- Allow people to opt out of receiving your information to keep it from being perceived as spam.
How to Advertise a Website
According to CNN, the number of websites has risen from 18,000 in 1995 to over 100 million today. That is a lot...
How to Promote Your Website Free
The key to online business success is the proper website promotion. Most beginners fail in an online business because they tend to...
How to Advertise My Business for Free on the Web
The Internet creates a new set of advertising mediums for the small business owner. If you'd like various free ways to advertise...
How Can I Advertise My Business on Facebook for Free?
The primary source of online social networking for people around the world, Facebook boasts 500 million active users. Entrepreneurs can attract some...